All Philippine citizens will need a visa to travel to the United States. A USA visa is required for both immigrant and migrant purposes. Yet, if you are a resident of the Philippines, but not a passport holder, that does not mean that you automatically need a visa. In fact, it all depends on the country the passport of which you hold.
Do I Need a Visa for USA From Philippines?
If you live in the Philippines and you want to travel to the US, you will be exempt from the visa requirement in only two cases. These cases are:
- You are residing in the Philippines but you are a passport holder of a country exempt from the US visa requirement.
- You hold dual citizenship: Filipino citizenship and the citizenship of a Visa Waiver country.
Use our ESTA Eligibility Checker to find out if you are eligible for ESTA:
Tourist Visa in USA from Philippines
If you want to visit the US for tourism, then you should apply for the US Tourist visa from the Philippines. The B-2 Visa is for people wishing to enter the US for tourism or visiting friends/relatives.
To apply for a tourist visa from Philippines to USA you should mostly follow the guideline above. When it comes to the requirements, you will need to submit extra documents. A letter of invitation may be one of them.
How to Apply for US Visa from Philippines?
The US visa application in Philippines consists of some steps that you must follow to get a US visa. If you are planning to travel to the US and you need to apply for a US visa in Manila, follow these steps:
- Figure out which US visa type you need.
- Check where you should submit your visa application documents.
- Complete the application form for US visa.
- Pay the visa application fee.
- Schedule a US visa appointment.
- Get the required documents for a US visa.
- Attend the visa interview.
Check what type of US visa you need
According to the reason why you wish to travel to the US from Philippines, there are a few visa types. It is very important to know what your visa type is, for many reasons. Your whole US visa application process in Manila depends on the visa type. The type of application form, the required documents, the visa fees, and the interview as well.
Check where you need to apply
It is very important to know where you should file your US visa application. In the Philippines, all applicants should submit their applications at the US Embassy in Manila.
US Embassy in the Philippines
Address: 1201 Roxas Boulevard, Manila, Philippines 1000
Phone: (632) 301-2000
Fax: (632) 301-2017
Please note that this article is for those applying for a nonimmigrant visa to the US. If you wish to apply for a US immigrant visa in Philippines, you should check our article on “Immigrant Visas to the United States.”
Complete the online application form
Your application form is the basement of your application for a US visa from Philippines. That is why you should pay special attention to this step of your application. For a US nonimmigrant visa, you should complete form DS-160.
You can fill the DS-160 form online through:
- the Consular Electronic Application Center, or
- by using the services of a third party company such as TravelAssist.
Why do we recommend you to apply through TravelAssist?
- TravelAssist’s staff will complete the form DS-160 for you. They will also book you a US visa appointment with the US Embassy in Manila.
- They will provide you with a complete list of required documents for applying for a US visa in Philippines. Their staff will also check your documents to ensure they meet the criteria set by US authorities.
- The TravelAssist team will offer 24/7 online support to you for your US visa application.
- If your US visa application is successful TravelAssist will get you your visa ASAP for you.
- If the US authorities deny you entry to the US despite having a valid visa, they offer Travel Protection. Travel Protection, in this case, will cover your financial expenses.
- TravelAssist is a specialized company in processing US visa applications. It has helped over 20,000 people enter the United States. They provide end-to-end visa assistance to help you enter the United States.
Pay visa application fee
Every applicant should pay the US Visa application fee in Philippines. There are two ways to pay the US visa fees in Philippines:
- Cash at bank
- Online payment
If you decide to pay your visa fee by cash, you can do so at any Bank of Philippine Islands. When you show up at the bank, you must have with you your US visa application deposit slip, which you can find online.
If you decide to make the payment online you can do so by using the online services of one of the following:
- Bank of Philippine Islands (BPI)
In whatever way you make the payment, save the fee receipt since you will need it later.
How Much is US Tourist Visa Application Fee in the Philippines?
The application fee for a US Tourist Visa application in Philippines is $160.
Schedule a US visa appointment in Philippines
You can schedule the appointment on the same day you pay the visa fee. Note that you should wait at least four hours to do so. This is how long a payment registration takes. You can schedule a US visa appointment in Philippines in two ways:
- Through the call center
You will need your DS-160 barcode number, and your fee payment receipt to schedule a US visa interview in Philippines.
Collect the required documents for a US visa from Philippines
After all these steps, now you should collect the required documents.
The standard required documents for a US visa application in the Philippines are as listed below:
- DS-160 form confirmation page.
- Your Passport. Check your passport’s validity and pages before you apply. The passport must be valid for at least 6 months beyond your date of planned stay in the US. It must have at least one blank page for the visa sticker.
- A recently taken US visa photograph. If you have already uploaded a photo to your DS-160 application form, then there is no need to submit another photo. If not, submit a photo of 5 x 5 cm size, in color and taken within the last 6 months.
- Interview appointment confirmation page (if applicable).
- Visa fee payment confirmation.
- Previous US visas (if you have any).
- ACRO. This is a police certificate you get from the authorities in your country. It is a criminal record that shows if you have ever been arrested, cautioned or convicted.
- Medical letter. The letter is required only if you have a medical condition that could have a bearing on your eligibility for a visa.
- Invitation Letter for a B2 visa. If you are applying for a B-2 visa then this letter may also be required.
- If you have ever been rejected from entering or deported from the US, you must also submit documents in this regard, which tell the reasons behind the deportation / rejection.
In addition to these documents, you will also need to submit other documents according to the purpose of your trip to USA.
Please note that it is not necessary to collect the required documents after you pay the fee and schedule the interview. You can start collecting them earlier, in particular if some of them take time.
Attend the US visa interview in Philippines
The visa interview is mandatory for every US visa applicant in Philippines. It is also crucial for a positive outcome of your application.
There is not a concrete guideline how to pass a US visa interview in Philippines. If you show there up on time and answer all the questions, you have higher chances of approval. Of course, your documents must be in line with the set criteria as well.
US Visa Application Processing Time in the Philippines
The estimated US visa processing time in Philippines is three working days. Yet, there is not an exact answer to how many days it takes to get US visa after the interview in Philippines. This happens because in specific cases this period may be extended due to your personal circumstances or other.
How to Renew a US Visa in the Philippines?
Holders of nonimmigrant US visas can apply to renew their US visa if they are frequent travelers to US. If you wish to renew US visa from Philippines, you need to follow some procedures.
The process for a US visa renewal in Philippines goes as following:
- Pay the application fee for visa renewal.
- Complete a new DS-160 application form. Print the confirmation page after you complete the form.
- Register an account.
- Check if you qualify for an Interview Waiver. If you qualify then submit your documents for Interview Waiver service at any 2GO outlet. These documents are
- The Interview Waiver Confirmation Letter.
- Passport with previous B1/B2 visa.
- Two photos.
Last Updated on