Do I Need a Visa for USA From Dubai?
United Arab Emirates passport holders should apply for a visa before traveling to the United States. Every UAE national needs to present a visa at the US port of entry. A visa is required from UAE citizens when traveling for both immigrant and nonimmigrant purposes.
If you are a passport holder of another country but you are living in Dubai, you may not need a visa to enter the US as a visitor. You should check if your country of citizenship is under the US Visa Waiver Program.
There are 38 countries under the US Visa Waiver Program. Citizens of these countries only need a US Electronic Travel Authorization to enter the country as visitors. Use our ESTA Eligibility Checker to find out if you are eligible!
USA Visit Visa from Dubai
If you wish to travel to the US for business or tourism purposes can apply for a USA Visit Visa from Dubai. There are two types of USA Visit Visas:
- You should apply for US Business Visa from Dubai if you wish to travel to US for business purposes. This visa is also known as the B1 Visa.
- You should apply for US Tourist Visa from Dubai if you wish to travel to US for tourist purposes. This visa is also known as the B2 Visa.
A USA visit visa from Dubai enables its holder to enter the US and remain there for up to six months. You should apply for such a US Business Visa and US Tourist Visa from Dubai by completing the DS-160 online form. The application is identical to the one explained above in this article.
US Visa Application From Dubai
To apply for a US visa from Dubai, you should follow several procedures. Follow these simple and quick steps to file a successful US visa application from Dubai:
- Check what type of US visa you need.
- Find out where you should submit your application in Dubai.
- Complete the application form online.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Appoint a US visa interview in Dubai.
- Gather the documents required for a USA visa from Dubai.
- Attend the visa interview.
Check what type of US visa you need
The US visas for Dubai residents are grouped into two main categories:
- US nonimmigrant visas.
- US immigrant visas.
Both categories have their subcategories depending on your purpose of traveling to the US. Note that selecting the right visa is crucial. If you apply for the wrong visa your application will be rejected. The whole process for applying for a US visa in Dubai depends on the visa type.
Please note that this article is for those applying for a nonimmigrant visa to the US in Dubai. If you wish to apply for a US visa in Abu Dhabi, you should check our article US Visa in Abu Dhabi. Whereas, if you wish to apply for a US immigrant visa in Abu Dhabi, you should check our article on “Immigrant Visas to the United States.”
Check where you need to apply in Dubai
All US visa applicants from the UAE have to apply at either the US Embassy or the Consulate General in Dubai. If you are residing in Dubai, you will need to apply at the US Consulate General.
Complete the online application form
Continue your US visa application from Dubai by completing the online application form. This form is also known as the DS-160 form.
You can fill the DS-160 form online through:
- the Consular Electronic Application Center, or
- by using the services of a third party company such as TravelAssist.
Why do we highly recommend you to apply through TravelAssist?
- TravelAssist’s staff will fill in the form DS-160 to book your US visa appointment with the US General Consulate in Dubai.
- They will provide you with a complete list of required documents for your US Visa application from Dubai. They will also check your prepared application file to ensure it has the highest possible prospect of success.
- The staff of TravelAssist will offer 24/7 online support regarding your US visa application.
- If your US visa application is successful TravelAssist will get you your visa quickly.
- If you are rejected from entering the US, they offer Travel Protection that will cover your financial expenses.
- TravelAssist is a specialized company in processing US visa applications. It has helped over 65,000 people enter the United States. They provide end-to-end visa assistance to help you successfully enter the United States.
Pay the visa fee & schedule a US Visa appointment in Dubai
After you complete your application form, you should pay the US visa fees for Dubai residents. Go to the website of the Official US Department of State Visa Appointment Service. Create a user account there and then follow these simple steps to complete the payment procedure:
- Enter the DS-160 confirmation number.
- Complete the courier document return process.
- Pay the nonimmigrant visa (MRV) application fee.
- Schedule a Consular Section appointment.
Collect the required documents for a US visa from Dubai
The US authorities want every visa US visa application in Dubai to consist of several documents. These documents help them decide whether you should be issued a visa or not. You should be very attentive to these documents. Make sure they submit all of them as required.
The standard required documents to apply for a USA visa from Dubai are as follows:
- Confirmation page that you have completed the DS-160 form.
- Your Passport. It must valid for at least 6 months more, after the date you plan to leave the US. In addition, it must also have at least one blank page in order to be able to affix the visa sticker in it.
- A recent US Visa photograph. It should be of 5 x 5 cm size, color and taken within the last 6 months. If you have already uploaded a picture to the DS-160 application form, then there is no need to submit an additional photo.
- US Visa Appointment confirmation (if applicable).
- Receipts of paid visa application fee.
- Previous US visas (if applicable).
- Proof of criminal record. A police certificate, known as ACRO, which you should obtain from the authorities in your country. It shows if you have ever been arrested, cautioned or convicted.
- If you have ever been rejected from entering or deported from the US, you must also submit documents in this regard, which tell the reasons behind the deportation/rejection.
Documents required for US tourist visa from Dubai
If you intend to apply for a US Tourist Visa from Dubai you should submit the following extra documents to the Dubai consulate:
- Cover letter. Explain in this letter the purpose of your trip.
- Financial or bank statements to prove you have the finances to stay in the US.
- Ties to your home country. This could be proof you have a family, job contract, lease, or property deed in Dubai, to which you will return.
- Optional US visa invitation letter from friends or family in the US.
- If you are a student, bring your transcripts or diploma.
- If you work, bring :
- a letter from your employer
- pay slips for the last three months.
- Photocopies of your relative’s status in the US. Required if you are visiting family or friends that live in the US.
- Medical report. Required if you are visiting for medical purposes.
Attend the visa interview
A visa interview is mandatory for all applicants between the ages of 14 and 79 years old. The interview is a very important part of a US visa application for Dubai residents.
Make sure that you attend the interview on time. If you are late, your appointment will be canceled. On the same day, you will have your biometrics taken, before the interview. While you wait for your appointment, the consulate staff will enter and examine your application documents.
The US visa interview in Dubai is a meeting with a consular officer. During this meeting, the interviewer will ask you some questions regarding your trip. Make sure you answer all of them correctly. Your answers must comply with the information in your documents.
US Visa Application Processing Time in Dubai
The processing time for a US visa in Dubai differs. This period depends on the number of applications that the embassy is receiving at the time you apply. The processing period may vary from four to six weeks.
In Case of Visa Denial
In case of visa denial of your US visa application from Dubai, you can still re-apply. However, for each new application, you will need to pay the visa fee again.
In order for your application to be successful, you should present proof that the reasons for the previous rejection are no longer valid.
Last Updated on