If you are planning on bringing your parents to visit you in the United States, then you will have to prepare for their arrival. One of the most important things is to get them health insurance.
Getting visitors insurance for parents from India will help with any unforeseen incident that may occur during their visit.
Should I Get Visitors Insurance for My Parents?
It is best that everyone who visits the United States for any period of time to get health insurance. Although it is not obligatory by law, due to the high cost of healthcare in the US, it is strongly advisable. This is especially true for elderly parents, who are more prone to sickness.
If your parents were to fall ill during their visit, and they do not have health insurance, the medical bills will quickly add up to tens or maybe hundreds of thousands of dollars, depending on the type of medical care they need.
If your parents are joining you in America permanently, then you have to get them health insurance for Green Card holders.
What Are the Types of Health Insurance for Visiting Parents?
- Fixed-coverage health insurance. This will only cover a fixed amount of your medical bills, and you will have to cover the rest of it. If this “fixed amount” is low while the medical bill is high, then you will have to pay a pretty substantial amount from your own pocket.
- Comprehensive-coverage health insurance. This type of health insurance plan will pay a percentage of your medical bill up to a certain amount, then it will cover 100% up until the policy maximum. For example, it will pay 80% of the bill for the first $2,000 then 100% until the policy maximum ($50,000; $70,000; $100,000 etc. depending on what policy maximum you purchased.)
What is Included in the Visitor Health Insurance Plan for my Parents?
There is a set of medical procedures that all health insurance companies will cover, although at varying degrees depending on the plan. When choosing US visitors health insurance for your parents, make sure to compare different plans to see which one will suit the needs of your parents the best. Usually, all health insurance plans cover the following medical procedures:
- Consultation with a doctor
- The cost of the hospital room
- The cost of prescription drugs and medicine
- Surgical procedures
- Emergency services, such as the ambulance and ER
- The cost of lab tests and X-rays
- Physical therapy
Some, but not all, also cover the following:
Compare visitor health insurance plans for parents coming to the US at Insubuy or at the end of this article.
How to Buy Health Insurance for My Parents in USA?
You have to buy health insurance from a private company in the US. There are countless plans, with different types and amounts of coverage, so you have to really do your research before you choose one. You can compare and buy health insurance plans for your parents through comparison marketplaces such as Insubuy.
Why do we advise you to purchase a visitor’s travel insurance plan through Insubuy?
- Lowest price guarantee. Insurance premiums are regulated by law and no one is allowed to charge even a single penny more or less than the prices determined by respective insurance companies.
- Over 20 years of experience. On Insubuy.com, you can get instant quotes for various plans, make side-by-side comparisons, and make an instant purchase of most insurance plans.
- You get additional service at no additional cost to you. Insubuy provides the same excellent service when you have questions about the coverage, want to buy the insurance, and when you need post-sale administrative services or have some claims issues.
- Excellent customer service. Insubuy is a full-service company that firmly believes customers deserve the best. Their staff is comprised of knowledgeable, licensed, and experienced insurance professionals.
- Licensed U.S. Based Company. Insubuy is a U.S. based company, in Plano, Texas – in the Dallas metroplex area.
- Easy, secure, and confident purchase. Insubuy.com is a secured web site and it is certified to be Hacker Safe and offers the simplest of purchase forms.
What Are the Best Health Insurance Plans Parents?
Here are some of the best US health insurance plans for visiting parents: