The Indian passport is for sure not one of the bests in the world to have. For most of the world countries, Indian passport holders will need to apply for a visa prior to taking a trip. The visa application process can often be difficult, what makes it money, time and energy consuming. Thus, many Indian travelers often give up, and decide to spend their vacations at home.
However, many beautiful countries in the world offer visa-free entry for Indian citizens. In addition, there are others that can be visited with an Indian passport by applying for an e-visa, or a visa-on-arrival, both of which are very easy to get.
Visa-Free Countries for Indians
25 world countries welcome Indian nationals, without obliging them to get a visa beforehand. Yet, stay in these countries is limited, just as that in most of them entry is permitted only for tourism and commercial purposes.
- Asia: Bhutan, Nepal, Indonesia, Macao (SAR China)
- Europe: Serbia
- Africa: Mauritius, Senegal, Tunisia
- Oceania: Cook Islands, Fiji, Micronesia, Niue, Vanuatu
- Caribbean: British Virgin Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Haiti, Jamaica, Montserrat, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Vincent and the Grenadines, Trinidad and Tobago
- Americas: Ecuador, El Salvador
- Middle East: Qatar
32 Countries Offering Visa-On-Arrival for Indians
Another 32 countries have offered entry for Indians with only a visa on arrival. These types of visas are obtained upon arrival in that particular country, by completing a simple form. The validity of a visa-on-arrival depends on the country that issues it and the purpose of entry.
- Asia: Cambodia, Laos, Maldives, Myanmar, Thailand, Timor-Leste
- Africa: Cape Verde Islands, Comoro Islands, Ethiopia, Gabon, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Madagascar, Mauritania, Mozambique, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Zimbabwe
- Oceania: Marshall Islands, Palau Islands, Samoa, Tuvalu
- Caribbean: St. Lucia
- Americas: Bolivia, Suriname
- Middle East: Armenia, Iran, Jordan
Sri Lanka E-Visa for Indians
The island country of Sri Lanka in South Asia offers e-visas for Indian passport holders. The country is reachable by flights and ferries.
Europe Visa for Indians
Indians will need to get a visa before traveling to any country in Europe, expect Serbia, which permits Indian passport holders to enter with only a valid passport. To get a visa for Europe you may need to:
- Apply for a Schengen visa, if you are traveling to a Schengen country for a short-term visit
- Apply for a visa to a particular country located in Europe, which is non-Schengen. i.e. UK Visa
Last Updated on