If you are looking for beautiful beaches and sunny weather, you might as well visit the Republic of Antigua and Barbuda, which is sure to offer you an unforgettable experience. However, to enter and visit Antigua and Barbuda, you need to see if you need an Antigua and Barbuda visa.
Who Needs a Visa for Antigua and Barbuda
Citizens of the countries listed below do not need a visa to visit the Republic of Antigua and Barbuda:
|Andorra (Principality of)||Hungary||Samoa (western)|
|Argentina||Ireland (Republic of)||San Marino|
|Armenia (Republic Of)||Italy||Seychelles|
|Azerbaijan (Republic of)||Kazahkstan (Republic of)||Slovenia|
|Belarus (Republic of)||Korea (South)||South Korea|
|Belgium||Kyrgyzstan (Republic of)||Spain|
|Belize||Latvia||St. Kitts and Nevis|
|Brazil||Liechtenstein||St. Vincent & the Grenadines|
|Columbia||Mauritius||The United Kingdom|
|Cyprus||Moldova (Republic of)||The United Kingdom (overseas Territories)|
|The Czech Republic||Monaco||Tonga|
|Darussalam||Namibia||Trinidad & Tobago|
|Estonia||New Guinea||Tuvalu (Special Member)|
|Finland||Norway and Colonies||Ukraine|
|France||Papua||United Arab Emirates|
|Georgia||Peru||United States of America|
|Germany||Poland||Uzbekistan (Republic of)|
Note: Citizens coming from countries not listed above need a visa to enter and visit the Republic of Antigua and Barbuda.
Kindly keep in mind that citizens who do not require a visa can only visit Antigua and Barbuda if they can prove that:
- They do not intend to stay longer than six months in Antigua and Barbuda.
- They have a return home flight ticket.
- They have accommodation proof.
- They have a valid passport.
- They are financially stable.
How to Apply for Antigua and Barbuda Visa
To apply for an Antigua and Barbuda visa follow the steps listed below:
- Visit the official page of the Antigua and Barbuda eVisa website online and click the button ‘Apply Now’.
- Fill out the application page online with all your correct personal details.
- Upload all the requested documents. See ‘Antigua and Barbuda Visa Requirements’ for further information regarding the requested documents.
- Finish the fee payment for your visa application. You must wait until you receive an email confirming that you have finished the fee payment successfully.
- Wait for an answer. You will receive an email containing your visa result. After receiving the email, make sure you print a hard copy of your visa result.
Antigua and Barbuda Visa Requirements
You must scan all the requested documents and upload them to the official page of the Antigua and Barbuda eVisa website:
- Valid passport. Your passport must be valid at least three months after the return date.
- A valid email address. Your email address must be valid since all the information regarding your application process will be sent to your email address.
- One passport-sized photo. You must have your photo taken at least within the last six months. The photo must be in colors and on a light background.
- Health insurance. A document proving that you have valid health insurance.
- Civil status documents. The civil status document can be a marriage certificate (if married), a birth certificate (if you have a child), proof that you live together, a joint bank account if (you are in a relationship), etc.
- Proof of accommodation. The accommodation document must prove that you have a place to stay while in Antigua and Barbuda. This document could be a rental agreement, hotel reservation, letter of invitation from your friend or family members, etc.
- Bank statement. The bank statement is a document issued from your bank, and it must prove that you are financially stable and that you can finance yourself while being in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Police record. This is a document issued by your home country’s police authorities, and it must prove that you are not a threat to the Republic of Antigua and Barbuda.
- Travel itinerary. The travel itinerary must include information about your flight date and time, flight return ticket, the name of the airplane airline, etc.
Before scanning your documents, you need to make sure that:
- All your documents are scanned with a scanner only.
- All your documents are scanned in colors.
- All your documents are original. Keep in mind that any false document can lead to your visa refusal.
Visa on Arrival of Antigua and Barbuda
If you are a citizen who fits into one of the following categories, you can obtain a visa after traveling to Antigua and Barbuda:
- If you are a holder of:
- A United States Visa or Permanent Resident Card.
- A Canadian Visa or Permanent Resident Card.
- A United Kingdom Visa or Resident Card.
- A Schengen visa.
- If you plan to enter the Republic of Antigua and Barbuda only to meet your family members or friends and you do not intend to do any other activities.
- If you do not have a residence or occupation in Antigua and Barbuda.
- If you are a holder of a valid passport or a holder of a re-entry permit. However, this is applicable only if required under the law of the applicant’s country of nationality.
- If you are financially stable and have a valid return flight ticket to your home country after finishing your visit to Antigua and Barbuda.
- If you are not a prohibited Immigration.
- If you are not a threat to the Republic of Antigua and Barbuda.
The validity of an Antigua and Barbuda visa on arrival is 30 days. The fee =for a visa on arrival is US$100 or an Eastern Caribbean Currency equivalent per one passenger (including children).
Duration of Antigua and Barbuda Visa
The duration of an Antigua and Barbuda visa depends on the type of visa you apply for:
- Visa on arrival – 30 days.
- Short-stay visa – 90 days.
- Long-stay visa – 365 days.
Antigua and Barbuda Visa Fees
Here are all the Antigua and Barbuda visa fees:
|Visa Type||Validity||Price Per Unit USD|
|Transit Visa (double entry)||Six Months||$50|
|Short-Stay Visa (single entry)||Six Months||$100|
|Long-Stay Visa (multiple entries)||One Year||$200|
|Work Visa (multiple entries)||One Year||$175,00|
|Student Visa (multiple entries)||Two Years||$350,00|
|Bussines Visa (multiple entries)||Two Years||$350,00|
|Family Visa (multiple entries)||One Year||$150,00|
You can finish the fee payment with a valid credit card online at the Antigua and Barbuda eVisa website.
Long-Stay Visas for Antigua and Barbuda
If you are thinking of staying longer than three months in Antigua and Barbuda, you can apply for a long-stay visa. A long-stay visa allows you to stay in the country for one year. Depending on the purpose of your stay, you can apply for a long-stay visa for:
- Family Reunion.
If you are issued a long-stay visa and want to stay in Antigua and Barbuda for longer than one year, you can apply for a temporary residence permit. A temporary residence permit is issued for one to three years unless you apply for a shorter period.
Residence Permit for Antigua and Barbuda
If you want to stay in Antigua and Barbuda for longer than one year, you must apply for a residence permit after entering. You can apply for a residence permit at the Chief Immigration Department of Antigua and Barbuda, which will issue you a Resident Certificate. The Residence Certificate will allow you to work and take your family members with you to the Republic of Antigua and Barbuda.
Note: The processing time for a residence permit is three months. However, you can legally stay in the country until the decision for your residence permit is made.
Why Should You Visit Antigua and Barbuda
You will find listed below some reasons on why you should visit the Republic of Antigua and Barbuda:
- The country is considered as a tropical paradise.
- The seafood is one of the most famous dishes in the country.
- The Antigua and Barbuda is a small country. However, you can sail through the country within one day.
- The country has interesting historic preservation.
- The weather is amazing, and there are many fun things you can do throughout the day.
- The famous half-moon beach is located in Antigua and Barbuda.