Fully vaccinated internationals who have taken any of the vaccines against the Coronavirus are permitted to enter Kyrgyzstan, as the latter accepts all COVID-19 vaccines as valid proof of immunity, becoming among the first countries worldwide to take such a step.
The country started to allow entry by land on June 12, while authorities in Kyrgyzstan presently accept all vaccines against COVID-19, according to Germany’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, VisaGuide.World reports.
Kyrgyzstan’s Health Ministry recognizes a total of 20 vaccination documents issued by 20 countries worldwide, according to Kyrgyzstan’s Ministry of Health, as reported by the Central Asian Bureau for Analytical Reporting.
Based on the same source, the Ministry of Health in Kyrgyzstan accepts COVID-19 vaccination certificates issued by the following countries:
- United Kingdom – vaccines approved for use: Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen
- Hungary – Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen, Sputnik V, Covishield, Sinopharm (Beijing)
- Qatar – Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech
- Israel – Moderna, Pfizer/BioNTech
- Georgia – Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Sinovac (CoronaVac) Sinopharm (Beijing)
- Saudi Arabia – Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech,
- UAE – Sinopharm, Pfizer-BioNTech, Sputnik V, Oxford-AstraZeneca and Moderna
- Korea – Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen
- Poland – Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen
- San Marino – Sputnik V
- Kazakhstan – Sputnik V, Sputnik Light, QazVac, Sinovac (CoronaVac)
- Uzbekistan – ZF2001, Sputnik V, Oxford/AstraZeneca,
- Russia – EpiVacCorona, Sputnik Light, Sputnik V, KoviVac
- Romania – Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen
- USA – vaccines approved by the United States Food and Drug Administration
- Turkey – Pfizer/BioNTech, Sputnik V, Sinovac (CoronaVac)
- Germany – Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen
- France – Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen, Covishield
- Switzerland – Moderna, Oxford/AstraZeneca, Pfizer/BioNTech, Janssen, Sinopharm, CoronaVac, Covishield.
- COVID-19 vaccines part of the European Union Digital COVID-19 Certificate.
Kyrgyzstan Entry Requirements
However, authorities in Kyrgyzstan have clarified that tourists can enter the Central Asian country, even if they do not obtain such certificates, provided they present a negative result of the Coronavirus test before their arrival.
Unvaccinated travellers are also allowed to enter Kyrgyzstan; however, they are also required to present a negative result of the COVID upon their arrival.
“Proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a negative PCR test from no more than 72 hours before your arrival by air is now needed for foreign citizens to enter Kyrgyzstan. If your journey is delayed and your results are outside the 72 hour period, you will need to have a further PCR test on arrival. Requirements could change at short notice,” authorities in Kyrgyzstan have clarified.
According to the figures published by the World Health Organization (WHO), Kyrgyzstan has recorded a total of 176,193 COVID-19 infection cases and 2,541 deaths since the beginning of the pandemic.
A total of 175 people have tested positive for the virus in the last 24 hours, while five people have died, WHO figures reveal.
Previously, Deputy Prime Minister Jyldyz Bakashova stressed that the number of persons infected by the virus in the country is declining, emphasizing the importance of vaccines to reduce the number of people in critical condition and prevent further deaths.
In this regard, VisaGuide.World previously introduced the vaccine checker, which helps vaccinated persons find out if their vaccine is accepted as a valid proof of immunity when planning to travel abroad.