Saint Lucia has recently joined the list of countries that issue Golden Visas. The low investment requirement and the benefits of the citizenship program have made St. Lucia a Golden Visa favorite.
The purpose of St. Lucia’s citizenship by investment program is to invest a specific amount of money to help the country develop. In addition, you will receive citizenship as soon as 90 days. But, if you want to apply for a Golden Visa in St. Lucia, you must be eligible for the program and have enough financial means to complete your investment.
How Can I Get a St. Lucia Golden Visa?
You can get a St.Lucia Golden Visa if you invest anywhere between USD 100,000 up to USD 3 million in one of the following investment options:
- National Economic Fund Investment.
- Covid-19 Relief Bond.
- Government Bond Investment.
- Real Estate Investment.
- Enterprise Investment.
In addition to the investment, to apply for the St. Lucia Golden Visa, you must meet the basic requirements, such as being over 18 and having no criminal convictions.
National Economic Fund Investment
One of the cheapest options for St. Lucia’s citizenship by investment is to donate to the National Economic Fund. If you are a single applicant, the amount required is USD 100,000.
If you are applying with a spouse, the amount increases to USD 165,000, and for a family of four, it’s USD 190,000.
Covid-19 Relief Bond
To help relieve the pandemic situation in St. Lucia, the government created a new investment opportunity in 2020. The Covid Relief Bond allows you to deposit at least USD 250,000 into a government bond. The holding period of the bond is 5 years, after which your investment is returned to you with an interest rate of 0%. But, if you apply with family members, the holding period may go up to 6 years, depending on the number of applicants.
Important: This investment option closes in December 2021.
Government Bond Investment
This investment option is similar to the Covid Relief Bond, where you deposit money into a government bond- the amount required in this case is USD 500,000. The bonds are non-interest bearing and the holding period is at least 5 years. Please keep in mind that the amount required increases if you apply with additional family members.
Real Estate Investment
St. Lucia also offers citizenship by investment through real estate. For this option, you have to purchase an approved property of at least USD 300,000. Approved properties include luxury hotels and resorts, high-end boutiques, or any other property which the Minister and St. Lucia’s Citizenship by Investment Unit deem appropriate. You have to hold your property for 5 years before you can sell it.
The enterprise investment is the most expensive option in Saint Lucia’s Golden Visa Program; you must invest at least USD 3.5 million in an approved enterprise project. Plus, your business must create at least 3 permanent job positions.
But, for this investment route, you have the option to make a joint venture with other individuals. The total joint contribution must reach at least USD 6 million, with each applicant providing the minimum amount of USD 1 million. Additionally, the joint venture must create at least 6 permanent work positions.
St. Lucia Citizenship by Investment Application Process
You cannot start the application process until you find a marketing agent and a licensed agent. Marketing agents are authorized by the St. Lucia government to help with the application and the necessary documentation. You can find a team of experts at LaVida Golden Visa who will work with you throughout the visa process.
On the other hand, licensed agents are legal representatives, also approved by the St. Lucia government, who must apply on your behalf. The LaVida advisors will work closely with a selected agent to make sure your application is submitted successfully.
After that, the St. Lucia Golden Visa application will go through the review process:
|Application completion||You have to complete the application forms and provide the required documents for your chosen investment.|
|Application submission||Your licensed agent will submit your application to the Citizenship by Investment Program in St. Lucia.|
|Verification||The CIP will verify the application forms and the documents you provided.|
|Due diligence report||Specialized authorities will finish the due diligence process to make sure every information you provide is correct and that you won’t be a danger to St. Lucia and its citizens. The due diligence and background checks will be administered to any additional applicant.|
|Final decision||The application is sent to the reviewing Board for a final decision.|
|Registration||If the decision is favorable, the CIP will issue the certificate of registration needed to apply for a St. Lucia passport.|
Keep in mind that after your application is approved, you must make all final payments for your investment within 90 calendar days. If you invested in real estate, government bonds, or enterprise, you must pay all administrative fees within 60 days after your application is approved.
Document Checklist for St. Lucia Golden Visa
You need the following documents for the St. Lucia Golden Visa:
- Proof of paid due diligence and processing fees.
- Document checklist form (SLI1).
- Authorized agent form (SL2).
- Statement of alternative citizenship form (SL3).
- Investment confirmation letter (SL4).
- Registration as St. Lucia citizen application form (SL5).
- Certified copy of your birth certificate.
- Certified copy of name change certificate (if applicable).
- Citizenship certificate (if applicable).
- Permanent resident card (if applicable).
- Military records (if applicable).
- Photograph and signature certificate.
- Six passport format photographs.
- National ID card (if applicable).
- Copy of all your passport pages.
- Proof of residential address (one document).
- Certified copy of marriage certificate (if applicable).
- Certified copy of divorce papers (if applicable).
- CV (for every over-18 applicant).
- Reference letters (from an attorney, accountant, or similar professions).
- Bank reference letter.
- Affidavit of support for each applicant (SL7).
- Academic certificates (for each over-18 applicant).
- Police certificate (from every country you lived in for a year during the last 10 years).
- Certified copies of any visas you had.
- Medical certificate (SL8).
- Official confirmation of enrollment (for applicants who are attending university at the time of the application).
- Records of custody.
- Statutory declarations for children under 18 from the non-accompanying parent.
- A signed certified copy of a photo ID of the non-accompanying parent.
All documents must be submitted in English or translated by a certified translator; you must attach a copy of the translator’s credentials to the documents. Additionally, if any documents contain a seal in another language, you need to translate the seal as well.
Moreover, the pictures you provide for the St. Lucia Golden Visa application must be taken in the last 6 months and follow these guidelines:
- You must take the pictures with a plain white background.
- Your entire face must be shown clearly, including ears and hairline.
- You cannot wear sunglasses.
- You must have a neutral expression with your mouth closed.
- You cannot edit the photos in any way.
- The size of the photos must be approximately 35 x 45 mm
- Two of your photos must be certified, and one must be attached to your medical record.
Please make sure that you keep a photocopy of all documents you submit.
Saint Lucia Golden Visa Processing Fees
For the St. Lucia citizenship by investment program, you must submit additional due diligence and processing fees. The charges differ depending on the number of applicants:
|Due Diligence Fee||Processing Fee|
|Single Applicants||USD 7,500||USD 2,000|
|Spouse||USD 5,000||USD 1,000|
|Any other additional dependent||USD 5,000||USD 1,000|
Keep in mind that the processing and due diligence fees are non-refundable, but for applicants under 16 you are not required to pay for due diligence.
Processing Time for Saint Lucia Golden Visa
The usual processing time for a Saint Lucia Golden Visa is approximately 3 to 4 months. Sometimes applications may be delayed due to missing documents, but your legal representative will notify you of any setbacks.
St. Lucia Citizenship by Investment Residency Requirement
You are not required to meet a residency requirement for Saint Lucia’s Golden Visa scheme. You don’t even have to visit the country to apply for the visa- all application steps can be completed while you are in your home country. Your LaVida advisors will handle your application.
Am I Allowed to Apply With Family Members for a St. Lucia Golden Visa?
You can include your husband or wife in your application and any family member if they are your or your spouse’s:
- Children under 21
- Children under 30 who are dependent on you
- Children who have physical and mental disabilities
- Parents who are over 55 years of age and dependent on you
- Parents (no matter what the age) who have mental and/or physical disabilities and are dependent on you
- Single sibling under 18 who has parental consent to join you in St. Lucia
Please note that if you apply with a brother or sister under 18, you or your sibling may be required to attend an interview in St. Lucia or at an embassy/consulate of St. Lucia in your country.
Does Saint Lucia Allow Dual Citizenship?
Saint Lucia allows dual citizenship for citizens of other countries. But, if your current country of residence does not permit dual citizenship, you don’t qualify for both citizenships. In this case, you may be required to renounce your previous citizenship, or you may choose not to apply for the visa at all.
Advantages of Having a Saint Lucia Second Passport
Some benefits of having a St. Lucia second passport involve:
- Visa-free or visa on arrival access to around 150 countries in the world, including the UK.
- Low tax rates.
- The advantages of having dual citizenship.
- The option to apply with several family members, including siblings.
- No residence requirement to qualify for the visa.