The Citizenship by Investment Program for St. Kitts is one of the most sought-after Golden Visa schemes worldwide. Being one of the first countries to offer a Golden Visa since 1984, St. Kitts has improved and developed the program to provide several benefits.
To obtain a St. Kitts Golden Visa, all you have to do is invest a significant amount of money in one of the approved investment programs. Through this scheme, you will receive St. Kitts and Nevis citizenship and a passport.
St.Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa Requirements
To qualify for a St.Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa, you must be at least 18 years old and meet the following investment requirements:
- Donate at least USD 150,000 to the Sustainable Growth Fund (SGF).
- Make a real estate investment of at least USD 200,000.
Contribution to SGF
The Sustainable Growth Fund is an investment opportunity to receive citizenship in St. Kitts by directly contributing to a government-held fund. This option was introduced in 2018 to replace the previous Hurricane Relief Fund. For single applicants, the minimum amount required is USD 150,000, but until December 31st, 2021, this offer also applies to family members of up to four.
If you want to use the limited discount offer, then you should contact the team of experts at LaVida Golden Visa, who are well-equipped to help you during this process. They are one of the few approved agents who the government of St. Kitts has authorized to promote the investment by citizenship program in St.Kitts.
Real Estate Investment
For real estate, there are several government-approved properties you can choose from, such as hotel resorts and tourist attractions properties. If you want to go with the real estate investment route, the minimum amount required by law is USD 200,000.
However, you can also invest USD 400,000, making your property resellable after 5 years, unlike the minimum amount, which only allows you to re-sell your property after 7 seven years.
Application Process For a St.Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa
The application process for a St.Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa goes as follows:
- Find an authorized representative. Golden Visa applications for St.Kitts and Nevis cannot be made in person by you as the main applicant. Instead, you are required to hire an authorized legal representative who can apply and receive all correspondence on your behalf – you can find the authorized persons here. Please note that applications are made to the Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU).
- Fill in the application forms. After you hire an authorized representative for your Golden Visa application, they will provide you with the required forms that you have to complete. Once you complete the forms, you have to hand them to your representative.
- Complete the due diligence requirements. The due diligence process is completed by an authorized agency hired by the CIU. The authorized agency will conduct a background check and verify your documents, your details, and everything related to your moral character.
- Choose/Submit your investment. Once the due diligence process is complete, you can invest in Saint Kitts and Nevis with one of the investment programs mentioned above.
Because you cannot apply on your own for a St.Kitts Golden Visa program, the application process may be overwhelming. For that reason, you should communicate with the La Vida advisors who have several years of experience and expertise to provide you with the necessary information.
St. Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa Processing Times
Golden Visa applications for St. Kitts are processed within 90 days. However, depending on your investment program, you can receive your visa within 60 days with accelerated processing.
If you’re not sure which program provides you with a passport after 60 days, then the advisors at La Vida can guide you through choosing the right program with a faster processing time.
Saint Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa Document Checklist
For the application, you need the following documents:
- Application forms. When you begin your Golden Visa application for St. Kitts, you must fill out several forms, which include the following:
- Application for registration as a Citizen (Form C1).
- Photograph and signature certificate (Form C2).
- Medical Certificate (Form C3).
- Investment confirmation form (Form C4)- for the SGF option.
- Birth certificate. You must provide an original excerpt of your birth certificate/birth record or any other legal document containing your or your family’s details, i.e., a family book.
- National ID card. You must submit a certified copy of your current national ID card, but keep in mind that children under 16 are not required to submit this document.
- Current passport. A certified copy of your current passport containing all your personal and issuing details is required.
- Police certificate. You must provide a police certificate proving you have no criminal records. The certificate must be issued by your country of residence or any country where you lived for more than one year during the last 10 years.
- HIV tests. You must provide results from HIV tests no older than three months when you submit your application; applicants under 12 are not required to be tested. You can attach the test certificate with the medical form C3.
- Six photographs. The photographs must be taken within the last 6 months and should be 35 x 45mm in size- one of the photos must be attached to form C2.
- Other supporting documents. In addition to the primary documents required, you can also submit any other supporting documents. For example, you can provide a sales and purchase agreement, a reference letter, bank statements for 12 months, a bank reference letter (no older than 6 months), a copy of your military experience, employment letters, business license, etc.
You will receive the application forms C1 through C3 from your authorized legal representative. Those application forms must be originals, while other documents can be certified copies of the originals. All application forms and documents must be in English. If the original documents are in another language, you have to provide an authorized translated version.
Important: Any civil status documents you submit must be certified by an Apostille stamp (if applicable for your home country) or legalized.
St. Kitts Golden Visa Application Fees
Other than the amount for your investment, you are also required to pay other application fees for your St.Kitts Golden Visa:
- Registration fees at the Citizenship by Investment Unit: USD 5,000
- Due diligence and processing fees (for the main applicant): USD 7,500
- Due diligence and processing fees for additional applicants (over 16): USD 4,000
Residency Requirements for Saint Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa
There is no residency requirement for Saint Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa. Once your application is approved, you will receive your new passport and become a citizen of St. Kitts.
St. Kitts and Nevis Citizenship Benefits
The following benefits of a St. Kitts and Nevis second citizenship are what makes the citizenship program so popular:
|Passport benefits||Citizens of St. Kitts have visa-free access to over 160 countries in the world, including the Schengen Area. So, by receiving a passport from St. Kitts, you will also enjoy the benefits of freedom of movement.|
|Low taxes||St. Kitts has no laws on overseas income tax. Additionally, its citizens are not required to pay taxes on gifts, dividends, capital gains, or inheritance.|
|Commonwealth benefits||Because St. Kitts and Nevis is a part of the Commonwealth, its citizens enjoy several benefits, such as visa-free access to Commonwealth countries and the UK.|
|Dual citizenship||Saint Kitts and Nevis has no laws against dual citizenship, which means you can keep your previous nationality along with the St. Kitts citizenship.|
|No residence requirement||To get a St. Kitts and Nevis passport, you do not need to fulfill any residence requirement.|
|Citizenship benefits||Your family members are entitled to citizenship by descent.|
Can I Bring My Family Members Under St. Kitts and Nevis Golden Visa Program?
Yes, you can include the following family members in the application process:
- Your spouse.
- Your children under 18.
- Your children over 18 who are mentally and physically dependent on you or your spouse.
- Your children under 30 who are dependent on you or your spouse.
- Your parents from the age of 55 who live with you and are dependent on you or your spouse.
Keep in mind that you have to provide proof of dependence for children who are dependent on you. For example, medical records or proof of enrollment in a university. Also, remember that you have to pay the due diligence fees for the additional applicants when you apply for the program with family members.
Will I Receive a Refund If I Withdraw My Application?
You will receive a refund for all payments except for the government and due diligence fees.