A UK Turkish Worker Visa is a permit to continue staying in the UK as a worker, for Turkish nationals currently working in the UK, who also meet several other requirements.
Who Can Apply for a UK Turkish Worker Visa
To be able to apply for a UK Turkish Worker Visa you will need to meet several criteria, which are as follows:
- You must be a Turkish national.
- You should have legally worked in the UK for a minimum of one year as one of the following:
- The spouse of a British national.
- The spouse of a settled person without any restrictions on working in the UK.
- Holder of a UK work permit.
- A student permitted to work for 20 hours per week during term time and full time during vacations.
- You must have worked for the same employer for the period you are quoting in your application.
- You must not have broken any immigration laws in the UK.
How to Apply for a UK Turkish Worker Visa
You should apply for a UK Turkish Worker Visa from within the UK. The application process includes the following steps:
- Apply online at the official website of the UK government. Completing the online form is free of charge.
- Make an appointment with the UK Visa and Citizenship Application Services (UKVCAS) service point.
- Collect the required documents. Find a list of the required documents for UK visa here!
- Provide your biometric information, photo and fingerprints at the UKVCAS.
- Have your documents scanned at the UKVCAS appointment.
Note that while your application is being processed you should not leave the UK, Ireland, the Channel Island or the Isle of Man. If you do, your application with be canceled.
Required Documents for a UK Turkish Worker Visa
To complete the application process for a UK Turkish Worker Visa, you should also gather the required documents. Start collecting them on time, so you have them ready on the date of your visa appointment.
The main required documents to apply for a UK Turkish Worker Visa are as listed below:
- Your valid passport.
- Two passport-sized color photographs.
- Proof for all your employment during your current stay in the UK. This includes the payslips and bank statements.
- Evidence on the job you plan to undertake in the UK.
Note that you will also need to submit certified translations for every document that is not either in English or Welsh. Depending on your case, the Home Office may ask you to submit additional documents. Make sure you collect and lodge all of them as required.
UK Turkish Worker Visa Fee
You do not need to pay any fee when applying for a UK Worker Visa.
UK Turkish Worker Visa Processing
The UK authorities will process your application within 6 months from that day you applied.
UK Turkish Worker Visa Validity
The validity of a UK Turkish Worker Visa depends on the length of the period you have previously worked in the UK. The length of the previous period of work in the UK also defines what work you can do there with a Turkish Worker Visa. Thus:
- If you have previously worked in the UK for one to three years, you will get a visa valid for another up to two years. You will be able to continue to work for the same employer.
- If you have previously worked in the UK for three to four years, you will get a visa valid for another up to one year. You will be able to change your employer, but you still have to work in the same occupation.
- If you have previously worked in the UK more than four years, you will get a visa valid for another up to three years. You will be able to work any occupations and for any employer.
Bringing Family Members to UK with a Turkish Worker Visa
You can include your dependents in your UK Turkish Worker Visa application. Yet, to be able to do so, they must already be in the UK legally. You must apply before their permission to stay in the UK expires.
Note that only your partner and children under the age of 21 qualify as dependents.
To apply, you must provide proof on the family relations you have with your dependents:
- Marriage certificate for your partner.
- Birth certificate for your children.
- Proof your dependents are living permanently with you.
Last Updated on