Before submitting a Slovakia visa application, ensure you are informed about the requirements and the application process. To qualify for a Slovakia visa, you must meet all the conditions and requirements; otherwise, your application may be rejected.
Where Can I Apply for a Slovakia Visa?
You can apply for a Slovakia visa at one of the following:
- The Slovakian Consulate/Embassy.
- The consulate of another Schengen state. For nationals of third countries who don’t have their own consulate, the Slovak Republic has concluded visa representation agreements with the other Member States to allow you to apply for a Slovakia visa in your home country.
- A visa application center. As long as the Slovak Republic cooperates with an external service provider in the country of your residence.
Check the list of diplomatic missions of the Slovak Republic here to see where you can submit your application for a Slovakia visa.
How to Apply for a Slovakia Visa?
Here is how to apply for a Slovakia visa:
- Book an appointment with the Slovak embassy.
- Fill in the application form.
- Collect the documents.
- Pay the visa fee.
- Submit the application.
Book an Appointment With the Slovak Embassy
Diplomatic missions (embassy/consulate) of Slovakia or visa centers will require you to make an appointment before submitting the visa application. Contact them or visit in person to schedule an appointment.
Fill in the Visa Application Form
You must fill in and sign the application form with your personal and background information. The application form has many questions you must answer honestly and fill in all the gaps. If there are questions that do not relate to you, put NA (no answer).
It is recommended to read instructions on how to fill in the visa application form to avoid making mistakes that may result in your visa rejection.
Submit the Documents
Submit the following documents when applying for a Slovakia visa:
- Filled and signed application form. You must submit a completed and signed application form with your personal and travel information.
- Original passport. Your passport must not be older than ten years and should be valid three months after your Slovakia visa expiration date.
- Two passport-sized photos. Include two colored photos with plain white background. The photos must be recent (not older than six months) and must follow the Schengen visa photo requirements.
- Cover letter. Use the cover letter as a way to introduce yourself, including the reason why you want to visit Slovakia. Your cover letter must convince the Consular Staff to approve your visa application.
- Flight Itinerary. Provide a detailed route of your flight. Include information such as flight name, departure/arrival dates, flight code, and reservation, etc.
- Proof of accommodation. Provide evidence that you have a place to stay in Slovakia. You can use as proof of accommodation a hotel reservation, host invitation, or rental contract, etc.
- Means of subsistence. A bank statement that shows you have sufficient income to cover your daily expenses during your stay in Slovakia.
- Travel health insurance. It is mandatory to get a Schengen travel health insurance policy during your travel. The insurance policy will cover your medical costs in cases of medical emergencies while visiting Slovakia or if you need to cancel your trip.
Pay the Fee
You will be required to pay a fee of €60 for a Slovak visa application. If you apply through a visa center, you may be required to pay an administrative fee and an additional fee for the services provided by the visa center.
The service fee depends on the location and is regulated by an agreement between the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic and the external service provider.
Submit the Application
You must submit the visa application to the diplomatic mission or the visa center in person. In cases of children, the application should be submitted by their legal guardian.
In exceptional cases, the diplomatic mission can exempt the requirement of your presence.
Does Slovakia Allow Online Application?
Slovakia does not offer the option of obtaining an online visa (e-visa). Submitting your visa application in person at the Slovak Diplomatic missions is mandatory. However, there is an option to fill in the application form online.
Visit the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs of the Slovak Republic webpage to find the online visa application form. The completed application form will be delivered to your email address for the printout.
Slovakia Visa Application Interview Questions
Here are some questions you can expect during your visa interview depending on your reason for applying for a Slovakia visa:
- What is the reason for your visit?
- Where are you going to stay?
- Do you have any family members or friends living in Slovakia?
- Are you married? If yes, what does your spouse do? For how long have you been married?
- Do you have any children? If yes, how old are they, and what do they do?
- How long are you going to stay in Slovakia?
- Are you planning to visit other Schengen countries?
- Are you traveling with someone?
- What is your educational qualification?
- How did you hear about this University?
- How and why did you choose this University?
- How long have you been part of this company?
- How much do you earn?
- Do you pay income tax?
- How do we know you will return home within the visa allowed period?
Processing Time for a Slovakia Visa
The processing time for a Slovakia visa is two weeks but can be extended to a maximum of 45 days if further assessment of the application is needed. Your visa application processing time is calculated from the date you submit your application.
For nationals of the Russian Federation, the processing time is ten days.