A tourist visa is required if you enter the Russian Federation strictly for tourism purposes. Tourist visa validity is up to 30 days and can be issued for single or double entry. The dates of visa validity will correspond with the dates of your legal invitation, as mentioned here.
- A tourist voucher or confirmation document, stamped and signed by an authorized person (hotel or travel agent)
- If you are planning to travel by automobile, then you should enclose a Registration Certificate of the vehicle and a covering letter where you mention the details of the journey, itinerary and names of accompanying travelers, if any.
- An Invitation letter, if you are visiting relatives or friends with specified itinerary and their latest 3 month bank statement, their current address and phone numbers
*Note: Tourists on board large cruise Ships have the right to stay in the Russian Federation without a visa for up to 72 hours. They have the right to leave the ship and come back on board the ship only as part of an organized tourist group. Tourists not participating on tours and wishing to disembark will need to obtain a Russia tourist visa.
Cruise passengers may disembark from the ship without a tourist visa if they participate on tours organized by cruise companies. Passengers not participating on tours and wishing to disembark will need to obtain a Russia tourist visa.
In the document, known as Confirmation or Voucher and the in the section Additional Information, the original provider of this Confirmation (your Travel Agent or Hotel, etc.) must specify:
- The model of your vehicle
- The number of your vehicle
- The color of your vehicle
*Note: It is recommended that you do not purchase tickets or make bookings that cannot be cancelled without payment, before obtaining the visa, except for cases where it is a specific stated requirement to do so, as part of the visa application!