Since the changes of the Federal Law, effective from March 12th 2010, applications are accepted from citizens of the Russian Federation to issue visas for members of their families who are foreign nationals, such as spouses, children under 18 years of age, incapacitated children of any age. They will be able to enter the territory of the Russian Federation accompanied by citizens of the Russian Federation that have also signed the visa request.
These visa applications will enable the issuance of a single/double entry private visa for up to 3 months.
Depending on the applicant’s nationality, the visa processing time may last from 5 up to 20 working days!
Additional Documents Required for Family Members of Russian Citizens:
Except for the general documents required, you will also need to provide the following:
- Translated birth/marriage certificate in Russian or English if it is in a different language
- All required documents must be provided as per the Private Visa
- An apostle is needed for a USA marriage certificate
- Citizen of the Russian Federation must be present in person when submitting the application in order to sign the visa request form
- Presence of family members is required if the applicant is over 12 years of age
- Required originals or certified copies of documents confirming kinship of applicants. These documents are considered if issued by the Russian Federation or the foreign state marriage certificate for spouses, birth/adoption certificate for minor children, and birth/adoption certificate and the medical certificate confirming incapacity for incapacitated children of any age. These foreign state documents should be legalized by the Russian Embassy in the country that issued the documents. Only legal marriage certificate issued by governmental authorities that are stamped and signed are accepted!
- Copies of the valid passport and proof of stay if residing in another country should also be enclosed with the rest of the documents
*Note: This whole procedure of migration registration also implies informing or notifying a relevant territorial office of the Federal Migration Service about the arrival of the foreign citizen to the place of sojourn. It is also the responsibility of the inviting person to be present in carrying out this procedure within the course of seven working days after arrival of the foreign citizen into the Russian Federation.