EU Blue Card for Students

///EU Blue Card for Students
EU Blue Card for Students 2020-01-17T16:56:48+00:00

After 1 year of studying in an EU member state, students leading to a higher education qualification may obtain the permanent residency permit or apply for the EU Blue Card. Rules and regulations vary from state to state but the basic factors are similar throughout Member States.

In Germany, students are allowed to stay for 18 additional months in order to find a suitable job, after completion of last exam. During the job-seeking period, students may work other jobs as means of self-support.

However, EU Member States must allow the students to work not less than 10 hours per week while not exceeding a maximum of 20 hours per week, outside their study time.

To apply for the EU Blue Card, the following documents must be provided:

  • In case of regulated profession – present the acquired certificate
  • A work contract of at least one year in the hosting state
  • Proof that your salary exceeds the average in the hosting state by 1.5 times or 1.2 times for professions in shortage
  • A written declaration by your employer
  • A valid travel document
  • Proof of no threat to the public policy, security or health of the hosting state
  • An application form, filled either by you or your employer
  • Two passport-size personal photos, not older than 6 months
  • Proof of application fee payment
  • Health insurance proof

Whereas, such requirements are invalid for students with university degrees earned in Germany or other equivalent EU member state.

Last Updated on