Any natural phenomenon you can think of is present in Argentina. From mountains, hills, glaciers, coastlines, and beaches to even a dessert, visiting Argentina is a definite no-brainer for tourists.
As a South American country, it is one of the easiest places to obtain living rights whether you want to work or study with an Argentinian long-stay visa or whether you want to reside there for longer with an Argentine residence permit.
With all its beauty, it is no surprise that foreigners are looking for additional opportunities to start a new life in Argentina. At the same time, after the pandemic, Argentina itself requires additional help for its economy, and therefore, finding a beneficial common ground is key. That is where the Argentina digital nomad visa comes into play.
Is There a Digital Nomad Visa for Argentina?
Argentina has launched its digital nomad visa on May 21st, 2022. The digital nomad visa is a type of permit that lets foreigners work remotely (either for themselves or for a foreign company outside of Argentina) while basking in the Argentine culture and beauty.
This visa is a perfect fit for those who are not ready to leave their jobs but want to change their daily routine as it lets everyone work anytime and anywhere as long as they work as self-employed freelancers or as employees for a foreign employer.
Is Argentina a Good Spot for Remote Work?
Argentina is definitely a perfect spot for digital nomads as it offers many benefits such as:
- Low cost of living: Classified as one of the cheapest countries in the world, living in Argentina provides a more than comfortable lifestyle while having no shortcomings to enjoying the country’s full potential.
- Friendly people: The Argentine people are known for their friendliness and welcoming nature, and although they are considered cocky, visitors have stated that they found that aspect very charming.
- Natural beauty: Argentina is full of natural beauty as well as cities filled with cafes and restaurants that are perfect for digital nomads to work in.
- Vibrant culture: The vibrant culture comes as a result of the many aspects that make Argentina unique, such as tango, their love for music and film as well as the fun and funky nightlife.
Just as one look at the Argentine flag suggests, the country is filled with constant sunshine and warm weather, which will let you enjoy your work in a beautiful environment.
Requirements for Argentina Digital Nomad Visa
As of June 2022, the Argentine government has not announced a list of requirements that you will need for the digital nomad visa application. However, there are some things you can consider as a general overview of what the requirements will be once the visa is launched. Some of the required documents might include:
- A valid travel document. Your passport must be valid for at least six months past your planned stay.
- Proof of income as a digital nomad. The exact required amount is not known yet, however, in general, you will be asked to provide monthly bank statements that show that you have sufficient income to support yourself in Argentina.
- Rent contract. Wanting to work as a digital nomad in Argentina means that you will be residing in the country for a while. A rental agreement is required as proof of your place of accommodation.
- Thorough background check. The Argentine government will want to know everything about you, your life, your workplace, and why you want to visit the country.
- Health insurance coverage. Your medical insurance must be valid in Argentina.
- Job certifications and CV. The Argentine diplomatic mission will ask you to provide proof of your academic as well as work achievements to prove your eligibility for the digital nomad work.
Can I Work For an Argentinian Company With a Digital Nomad Visa?
The digital nomad visa in general, will not allow anyone to work for an Argentine work establishment, company or business. Anyone who has found a job opportunity for an Argentine employer must acquire an Argentinian work visa and a work permit instead.
The definition of the digital nomad visa suggests that it will only be used for freelance work or for those who work for foreign companies outside of Argentina.
How Long is the Argentina Digital Nomad Visa Valid For?
Although not official yet, the validity period of the Argentine digital nomad visa can be from one year to three years. As digital nomad visas have been established as an idea to let the country gain a certain economical recovery from the pandemic outcome, the visa will most likely be valid for the specific amount required for this recovery period.
As this timeframe is not official yet, you are advised to check any new information on the Argentina government website.
Alternatives to The Argentine Digital Nomad Visa
While the digital nomad visa is not live in Argentina yet, there are some other options available at the moment if you wish to move to and/or work in Argentina such as:
- The Argentina Work Visa: The work visa is a type of long-stay permit which allows you to work and reside in Argentina provided you are issued a work permit from an Argentine employer as well.
- The Argentina Investment Visa: The investment visa just as its name suggests, is another long-stay permit option for foreign businessmen who are able to invest at least 1.5 million Argentine pesos in an Argentine service.
Although the digital nomad visa in Argentina is not available yet, make sure you keep your eyes open for any new announcements from the Argentine government so you do not miss out on an opportunity of a lifetime.