VisaGuide » Asia » Israel Visa » A4 Visa
Complete guide to obtaining a Family visa for Israel, eligibility criteria, the requirements and FAQs

The Israeli A/4 visa is for spouses and minor children of A/2 student visa holders and A/3 clergy visa holders. It permits the visa recipients to join their parents and spouses in Israel, but not to work here.

Who Can Apply for A/4 Visa for Spouses and Children?

Only children under the age of 18 or the spouse of the holder of one of the two visas listed below, are eligible to get an A/4 visa for spouses and children:

  • A/2 Student visa – which is a visa granted to those who want to study in Israel in elementary and high schools, academic institutions, yeshivot and youth institutions of the Jewish Agency.
  • A/3 Clergy visa – which is a visa granted to clergymen who wish to fulfill their clerical duties among their religious communities in Israel, pursuant to the invitation of a recognized religious institution in Israel.

How to Apply for an A/4 Visa for Israel?

To apply for an A/4 Visa for Spouses and Children you need to follow the procedures thoroughly explained below in this article. Make sure you complete these procedures with the utmost attention, in order to have a successful application.

When to Apply for an A/4 Visa?

You can apply for an A/4 Visa once your spouse / parent receives his / her A/2 student visa or A/3 clergy visa for Israel. You should apply for an A/4 Visa between one to two months prior to the intended date of your trip.

Where to Submit an A/4 Visa Application?

Applying for an A/4 Visa means submitting a file with documents that prove you meet the criteria to obtain the visa, at a competent Israeli authority in your country of residence.

Before you start working on completing the requirements for this file, you need to check where you need to submit it. Depending on how the Israeli authorities have regulated the procedures for visa submission in your country, you will have to apply at one of the following:

  • The visa section of the Embassy of Israel.
  • The visa section of a Consulate of Israel.
  • A third-party visa processing center to which Israel has outsourced visa admission.

Check the website of the Israeli authorities in your country of residence, email them or call them to get this information.

Complete the A/4 Visa Application Form

Start collecting what you need to apply, by completing the A/4 Visa application form. You can find the form online, available in two languages: English and Hebrew. You can complete it in either language.

It contains questions on your nationality, name, surname, parents’ full names, your occupation and your intended trip to Israel.

You can complete the form with your computer and then print it, or with a pen of any other color than black. Do not forget to attach a photo to the application form in the given space

Note that the form differs depending on the visa type, therefore make sure you get the right application form for an A/4 Visa for Spouses and Children to Israel.

Collect the Required Documents

Continue the process by collecting the required documents for an A/4 visa. Aside from the commonly required documents for an Israeli visa, there are additional requirements for an A/4 visa to Israel.

Spouses and children of A/2 or A/3 visa holders should submit the following documents when applying for an A/4 visa.

  • Invitation letter from the academic institute/university for the family member.
  • Copy of the valid visa person located in Israel.
  • Travel/Medical insurance. You will need to obtain insurance for the whole period of your stay in Israel with a minimum coverage of €35,000 ($40,000).

Collect all these documents before the day of your visa appointment for interview with the embassy/consulate/visa processing center.

Submit the Required Documents on Your Appointment Day

On the day of your appointment, you will have to meet with a consular officer to whom you will submit the required documents. This person will interview you regarding your application, the intention of your trip to Israel and other details in this regard.

Pay A/4 Visa Fee

You will need to pay a fee of €41 for an A/4 Visa for Spouses and Children. The fee is required in order to cover the expenses that come out of the processing of your visa application.

Note that if you have to lodge your application file at a visa-processing center, you will need to pay an additional service fee, which cannot be higher than the price of the visa itself.

A/4 Visa Processing

The processing period for an A/4 Visa for Spouses and Children lasts at least five days. However, this period can be extended depending on several factors, as the volume of applications that the embassy is processing at the time of application, or the complicity of your application.

How Long Can I Stay in Israel With and A/4 Visa?

The A/4 visa for spouses and minor children of A/2 student visa holders and A/3 clergy visa holders is valid for a maximal period of one year. Or, until the visa of the A/2 or the A/3 holder expires, whichever comes first.

You can apply for its extension as long as your spouse/parent has a valid A/2 or A/3 visa.

Did you find this page helpful?
Yes No
Scroll to Top